Total online: 1
Pectoralis major (mid chest).
Also used Anterior deltoids.
- Attach the handles to two overhead pulley machines.
- Hold the handles, palms facing down, and
stand midway between the machines with your feet hip-width apart or
with one foot in front of the other for balance. Your arms should be
fully extended so you achieve a good stretch in your pectorals.
- Bend forwards slightly from the waist and maintain this position throughout the exercise.
- Draw the handles towards each other in an arcing motion, aiming for a point approximately 30 cm in front of your hips.
- When the handles meet, squeeze your pectorals hard and hold for a count of two.
- Slowly return the handles to the starting position.
- Keep your back erect and elbows slightly bent (at 10-15°) throughout the movement.
- Focus on using your chest muscles to perform the movement - do not
curl your shoulders forwards as you bring the handles together.
- You can vary the angle at which you pull the handles down to place emphasis on slightly different areas of the chest.
Exercises for your Chest Workouts.
Barbell Bench Press.
Dumbbell Bench Press.
Incline Barbell Bench Press.
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press.
Pec Dec Flye.