Total online: 1
Leg Press Machine Calf Press
Leg Press Machine Calf Press Targets Following Muscles:
Starting Position of Leg Press Machine Calf Press
- Position yourself in a leg press machine.
- Place the balls of your feet on the bottom of the platform with
your heels hanging off the edge. Your legs should be fully extended and
feet hip-width apart. Release the safety catch.
The Movements of Leg Press Machine Calf Press
- Press the platform away from you as far as possible.
- Hold the fully contracted position for a count of two; then slowly lower your heels down as far as they will go.
Tips and correct Technique for Leg Press Machine Calf Press
- Do not hurry the reps or bounce up from the bottom.
- Stretch your calves fully at the bottom of
the movement - your heels should be lower than your toes.
- Keep your legs straight (not locked) throughout the movement.
Variations of Leg Press Machine Calf Press
Toes pointing out
Angling your feet outwards at 45° places more emphasis on the inner part of the calves.
Toes pointing in
Angling your feet inwards at 45° places more emphasis on the outer part of the calves.
Exercises for your Legs, Hips and Glutes Workouts.
Front Lunge (dumbbell or barbell).
Lying Leg Curl.
Straight-leg Dead Lift.
Standing Calf Raise.
One-leg Dumbbell Calf Raise.
Leg Press Machine Calf Press.