Different Types of Stretching Techniques for Being Fit and Fine
Stretching is an exercise that is particularly designed to
extend the muscles and limbs to their complete and full extent. It helps
in the expansion of the muscles and limbs by widening or lengthening
and is comprehensive to the overall fitness of the human body.
The main purpose of stretching is to provide enough
stability and flexibility to the body and act as a simple and helpful
tool before commencement of rigorous exercises. It helps to lengthen the
muscle tissues of the body and helps in easy muscle performance.
Even after knowing the benefits of stretching, people and
athletes sometime tends to ignore this very useful and simple activity.
This is a great home exercise that is beneficial for the purpose of
warming up the body and reducing the threat of connective tissue and
Stretching can not alone be helpful to the cause of great
muscular development but it can be useful for warming up and toning up
the body. Rigorous exercises must be preceded by stretching to ensure
optimum utilization from the workout at the gym.
Stretching can be done for 3 times a week and must not be
less than 20 minutes per session and must be done slowly and carefully
as strong and fast movements can lead to pain and injury. The number can
be increased with the passage of time but can not be assumed to deliver
all the benefits of rigorous exercises alone.
Types of Stretching:
- Side Stretch.
- Forward Bend
- Downward-Facing Dog
- Quad Stretch
- Child's Pose
- Hip Stretch
- Corpse Pose
The two basic Types of stretching exercises are the static stretch and the Ballistic Stretch.
Precautions/ Steps before commencing stretching:
Fitness & Exercise
24 Hour Fitness
Why sleep is important?
Secrets of Lossing Fat
Yoga and Fitness
Fitness Tips To Suit Your Body Type
Removing Belly fat
- Warm-up is a must before stretching as it helps in the lubrication of the joints and warms the body muscles.
- Do it sensitively and do not over-stretch as that can lead to injuries.
- Stretching must not be done in case of stretch torn and injury to the muscles.
- Stretching must be under the guidance of a certified trainer in the initial stages.
- The stretch must be for a period of 20-30 seconds to maximize benefits.
- Cool-down and relaxation of the body must be done after stretching.