Total online: 1
Front Lunge(dumbbell or barbell)
Quadriceps, Hamstrings, glutes
- Place a bar across the back of your shoulders or hold a pair of
dumbbells at the sides of your body with arms fully extended (palms
facing your body).
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, toes pointing forwards. Lift your chest up and look straight ahead.
- Take an exaggerated step forwards with your right leg, bending the knee and lowering your hips.
- Lower yourself until your right thigh is parallel to the floor and
your knee is at an angle of 90°. Your left leg should be about 10-15 cm
above the floor. Hold for a count of one.
- Push hard with your right leg to return to the starting position.
- Complete the desired number of repetitions; then repeat with the left leg leading.
- Keep your front knee positioned directly over your ankle - do not
allow it to extend further forwards as this can cause strain to the
- Keep your body erect throughout the movement - do not lean forwards.
A shorter step forwards places more emphasis on the quadriceps and a
larger step forward places more emphasis on the gluteal and hamstring
Exercises for your Legs, Hips and Glutes Workouts.
Front Lunge (dumbbell or barbell).
Lying Leg Curl.
Straight-leg Dead Lift.
Standing Calf Raise.
One-leg Dumbbell Calf Raise.
Leg Press Machine Calf Press.