Total online: 1
Reverse Lunge Targets Following Muscles:
glutes, Hamstrings, Quadriceps.
Starting Position of Reverse Lunge
- Place a barbell across the back of your shoulders or hold a pair
of dumbbells at the sides of your body with arms fully extended (palms
facing your body).
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, toes pointing forwards. Lift your chest up and look straight ahead.
The Movements of Reverse Lunge
- Drop your right leg behind your body, bending your left leg, lowering your hips and keeping your trunk upright.
- Lower yourself into a one-legged squat position on your left leg
until your left thigh is parallel to the floor. Your left knee should be
at an angle of 90°. Hold for a count of one.
- Push hard through your left leg, strongly contracting the glutes,
quadriceps and hamstrings to return your right leg into position. Don't
push through your right (back) leg.
- Complete the desired number of repetitions; then repeat with the left leg leading.
Reverse Lunge Exercise Technique and Tips
- Keep your front knee positioned directly over your ankle - do not allow it to extend further forwards.
- Keep your body erect throughout the movement - do not lean forwards.
Variations of Reverse Lunge
Smith machine reverse lunge
Stand directly under the bar of the Smith machine so that it rests
fairly low across your upper back while still allowing you to maintain
an upright posture. Hold the bar and lift it from the rack, unlocking
the safety catches. Perform the movement as above.
Exercises for your Legs, Hips and Glutes Workouts.
Front Lunge (dumbbell or barbell).
Lying Leg Curl.
Straight-leg Dead Lift.
Standing Calf Raise.
One-leg Dumbbell Calf Raise.
Leg Press Machine Calf Press.